Transformation Energywork

Friday, August 24, 2012

Day 18: I Feel Like a Lump!

Have you ever had one of those days when your brain is willing, but your body does not want to cooperate?  That was today.  I woke up at 5:30 with no energy and my body aching.  I willed my body into the car to meet my awesome workout buddies, Leilani Merril, and Marciea Castleman at 6:00.  They are so dependable to help me get up and get moving at least three days a week. I don't know what I would do without them!  I walked in the door after class, went up stairs and the battle between getting ready for the day and having a short little snooze first began. The bed won, and I didn't wake up again till 10:30! Nice to be at the stage of life where I can do that. That is pretty much how the day has been, no energy, draggin hiney, tired.  So my hope is that since the places that I am achy the most is where my lymph nodes are that this Epstein Barr virus has finally gotten the message it's not wanted and doesn't belong in my body and is on a one way ticket outta here!!!

The other challenge today was my determination not to fudge on this diet waned a little with my energy. It all started when I took my son Braden to lunch at Costa Vida, my favorite place to eat.  Last time I ate there I got my chicken salad without the pico de gallo.  This time, I lost.  So for the first time in about four weeks I had tomatoes (I started not eating nightshade veggies, because the alkaloids in them trigger arthritis and epstein barr, a week before the other stuff).  Then I went to visit my amazing friend and cook, Bonita Lunt. She made me a peach pie, with Xylotol, because she knows I am not doing sugar right now.  Peaches are my FAVORITE fruit, so I gave in again and for the first time in 18 days I had fruit. Strike two. I must say it was FABULOUS!!!! You would never know it didn't have real sugar in it.  Then Russ had all his black belts over for pizza and thought he was doing me a favor ordering the stuffed crust pizza with garlic sauce, instead of the usual red tomato sauce.  I had two helpings of salad while everyone ate their pizza, but in the end I had to cut a sliver off a piece and try it. Strike three. But I am not out.

I did cheat, but I did not give in with reckless abandon as I would have in the past. My mind was saying to me, well you already cheated at Costa Vida, you just as well just enjoy the rest of the day and start new tomorrow.  My heart said, Janette you have come this far and you will hate your self in the morning, have a little and be good with that.  Luckily my heart won and tomorrow is a new day!

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes you need a little cheat. You are amazing holding out this long, Janette.

    ReplyDelete