Transformation Energywork

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Candida Diet Day 10:

My New Doo



The other day as I was doing my hair and I knew that it was time for a new style.  I feel like a new person. I know who I am, why I am here, and where I want to go in my life and I wanted a style that speaks that. I worked in a salon for 13 years, and have been cutting and coloring my own hair, most of the time, ever since. So  I did something I have been wanting to do, but have been afraid of doing; because I am never happy when I do. This time I decided to do it different, with clear intention, that if I got a stylist that understood my personality and what I was about, I would leave loving my look.  I called Phazes salon and told them that I was looking for a new stylist and that I wanted someone that was very artistic, creative, spunky, doesn't have to  have every hair in place and is good with short hair.  Well,  Cassidy was amazing!  She looked at my hair, face shape, and the type of business I have and what my hair needed to say about me.  She really listened that I wanted a hairstyle that's fun and a little sassy, but not to radical, that I didn't want to go shorter than what I already was, that I have crazy cowlicks that you have to consider when cutting my hair, that I wanted a color that would add some texture and pieceiness to my hair, but not too wild.  I think she did a FABULOUS job! I don't remember the last time I felt this good after getting my hair cut! If your shopping for a new stylist I would highly recommend her!

Today, I still don't feel like the Duracell battery  that I felt like last week, but it is getting better. For breakfast I had the granola I made dry since I am not doing dairy right now.  (Yes, I know there is almond milk, but it's a little sweet) Boy! does it stick to your ribs! I ate it about 9:30 and wasn't even hungry again till I got home from getting my hair done at 3:30.  Then I got the bright idea to try hummus with the quinua veggie salad I made a few days ago to spice it up and make it into a wrap.  It was DELICIOUS!  Just what it needed.
The biggest challenge I have come to is not being able to eat tomatoes. I  picked the first two tomatoes out of my garden today for the seaso. It is pure torture that I can't just grab the salt shaker and bite into them. There are soooooo many yummy recipes that call for tomotos that I would looooove to try.  But, I am learning patience, and that sometimes to get what you really want you get to give up something to have it. So my birthday present to myself on Sept 20th will be nachos's covered in yummy salsa!

No comments:

Post a Comment